Our charity - Saint Francis Hospice
Since 2015 Balgores Leasing has been involved in fundraising for Saint Francis Hospice. The hospice provides care and support to people, in the local community, living with a life limiting illness.
Balgores Leasing proudly supports Saint Francis Hospice by:
- Donating £5 for every vehicle leased
- Supplying the hospice with a new Vauxhall Combi van free of charge
- Fundraising activities including the ‘Ride London-Surrey 100 cycle’ event and various marathons
- Internal office days such as an afternoon tea event
- Sponsoring a prize at the annual golf day each year.
The efforts by Balgores Leasing have raised the over £33,365 for the hospice so far.
As a charity, the hospice relies heavily on this support and that of the local community to continue their fantastic work, free of charge to all patients.
Saint Francis Hospice is an independent charity and one of the largest adult hospices in the UK. It serves the population of Brentwood, Havering, Barking & Dagenham and Redbridge, delivering excellent care and support at home, in the local communities and at the hospice/
It costs £10.3 million a year to run the hospice and as it only receives 27% of funding from the NHS, it needs to raise £7.3 million through fundraising and donations.
Saint Francis Hospice….did you know that in 2014 and 2015:
- A total of 1,523 patients were cared for by the hospice.
- The Hospice at Home team looked after 469 patients and made a total of 2,670 visits.
- Currently 84% of people under our care die at home.
- We provide support to patients and their families, including children, for as long as they need us and our Bereavement Service supported 437 people, including 91 children.
- The Specialist Community and Crisis Support Service held 11,933 face to face consultations with patients, relatives or carers.
- Our Occupational Therapy team also held 2,269 face to face consultations with patients, relatives or carers.
- There were 1,309 hospice staff and a further 1,135 visitors who attended training programmes at the Pepperell Education Centre.
For more information see sfh.org.uk
Saint Francis Hospice – Thorndon Park 2020 Golf Day